Q&A with Melanie Fowler
When working with sellers or buyers, I do my best to fully empathize with the family or individual. Being able to understand how excited, stressed, nervous, etc. they are about the move puts it in perspective for me. Their home is often the most important thing they own. Realizing this keeps me on my toes, always going above and beyond for the clients.
2. Why did you choose VV&W? What do you see as a client’s greatest benefit to working with us?
Trust, reputation and experience led me to VV&W initially and I am thankful that they took me in as part of the family! If you hire a VV&W agent you are really hiring the entire company…and that’s a lot of years of wisdom!
3. Favorite client story or something funny that has happened to you in your career.
Hugging the Huntsville Utilities guy when he showed up to turn the power back on 15 minutes before a closing so the final walk through could be done. He thought I had lost my mind, but I was so happy to see him!
4. What was the last thing that made you laugh uncontrollably?
Parents vs. kids volleyball against my daughter’s team. They beat us of course but seeing all the moms and dads out there was hilarious! One dad even wore an 80s sweatband to embarrass his child!
5. Do you have kids?
I have three kids: 10-year-old boy, 11-year-old daughter, and a 13-year-old daughter.
6. Do you prefer chocolate or fruit?
If it is just a treat, I’d take chocolate. But otherwise, I prefer fruit.
7. What is your eye color?
8. Scary movie or happy endings?
Since Blair Witch Project in the late 90’s, I have not been able to watch scary movies.
10. Favorite smells?
11. What’s the furthest you’ve ever been from home?
12. Do you have any special talents?
I do a mean cartwheel and the worm.
13. Where were you born?
Jackson, Mississippi, but I have been in Alabama since I was a toddler.
14. What are your hobbies?
I love to travel with friends and family, especially to the beach. Running and Pilates are other favorite pastimes.
15. Do you have any pets?
Too many: a 70 pound goldendoodle, a miniature poodle, and two rescue cats.
16. Do you have any siblings? Are you similar or opposites?
I have one brother who is 18 months younger than me. People say we are very different but deep down we are very much the same!
17. How tall are you?
5’4. It is a bit exciting to be in the back row of pictures for my first time when taking company photos.
18. How many countries have you visited? Which place was your favorite?
I think 7, and Ireland is beautiful! That is where we went on our honeymoon 15 years ago. I’d love to go back.
19. What is your favorite animal?
My goldendoodle, Nelly Jane.
20. What can you never leave home without?
21. Who are some of your favorite YouTubers or people/pages you follow on other social media?
Kate Middleton; she is so classic.
22. Favorite date night activity?
A nice dinner and then a movie.
23. How would you describe your fashion sense?
Now I get my daughters to dress me!
24. What phone do you have? (iOS v Android?)
25. Tell us one of your bad habits!
For all your real estate needs, contact Melanie Fowler, at 256-509-7996 or firstname.lastname@example.org. And for Huntsville real estate news, including fine and historic homes available across North Alabama, join the VV&W Facebook page and newsletter. Or give us a call at 256-539-0505.